Rules for the Library Users
- Board of Trustees Members, regular faculty members, officers and students of AUST are treated as Library Members/patrons.
- Library is a silent area. Discussions, resting, making noise are not allowed in the Library. Mobile phones are to be switched off. Discussions are allowed in the group study room outside of the
- Students with valid ID cards will write their names, ID in a register kept at the entrance;
- Personal belongings e. books, bags, foodstuffs, drinks are not allowed inside the Library.
- Students must deposit their belongings in the baggage counter against a token and will not go out leaving belongings in the safekeeping area. The deposited bags must not contain valuable things like money, mobile phone and gold, .
- 50.00 will be charged for the loss of every token.
- Seats with the reading desk cannot be Sitting arrangements in the Library cannot be changed any way.
- Users can browse Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) at Digital Access Center (DAC) to search and find required After collecting call numbers from the catalogue, students will enter the book stack and pick up their required books and journals. If required library staff will help them.
- Library is a place for self-study. Users' behaviour should reflect this and they should respect the needs of
- Library has no accountability in case of damage or theft of personal belongings left unattended inside the
- At the time of issuance, the user will check the condition of the library Damaged books or journals must be shown to the desk staff before issuance. Otherwise users will have to compensate if the materials found damaged or lost while these materials are in their possession.
- Borrowers must replace the lost item by a new and unused copy of the same author/s, title and edition with an application addressed to the Librarian mentioning the valid reasons of The old edition can be replaced by the latest edition. Or, compensation must be paid as determined by the Library Authority.
- Library user may also ask the desk staff for photocopying part of books or journals from photocopy shop adjacent to library group study
- Prospective patrons can collect membership forms from the library or may download from the Library Website. They must fill the form with PP size photograph and submit it to the They will be provided a unique ID and Password from the library to use Online Public Access Catalog. By using ID and Password, users can log in to their account for searching the required books from both inside and outside of AUST campus.
- Every semester students need to renew membership by showing their money receipt or deposit slip at the circulation desk of the
- Violation of Library rules and manners is a punishable
- Library users are expected to follow AUST Code of conduct. Any misconduct, interference with study environment, damage to any property will lead to expulsion from the library. Library members shall compensate the University for any damage